Today was much better. I worked on my sister’s wedding photos, caught up on my email, listened to New York Hero, and finished TWO crossword puzzles while I waited to pick up the kids.
Speaking of kids, the youngest caught a smart and got a smiley face at school today. He’d been grounded since Tuesday for pushing a girl, not listening to the teacher AND squeezing ketchup all over his head and body. No one ever said my kids were normal… or boring. We’re going to have him evaluated at the therapy group next week for ADHD. He’s having a lot of trouble at school and can’t seem to block out the constant stimuli.
LJ is done being grounded tomorrow. He’s had a rough couple of weeks and he seems to be coming out of the funk. Thank. Goodness.
The girl child has caught a bad case of the dumbs though. The psychiatrist did change her meds this week so hopefully we’ll see a difference soon. None of us can go through this much longer and it throws off the entire family dynamic when she’s acting up.
In other news, in a random sort of fashion:
- I got a ThinkGeek catalog, a Fredericks’ catalog and an Orvis catalog. I can now order everything I need for a really fucked up Halloween costume!
- The guys broke the windshield on my Durango while playing baseball. Now we’re waiting to get paid so I can get a new one.
- The back of the Durango has a brand new Star Trek fish emblem! It’s made of win and awesome. The Durango is a happy place.
- Yes, the reflection is an oddfun house mirror reflection of me in my sweats and Dr. Seuss shirt. I hope I’m not that lumpy in real life!
- The existence of nerd rock makes me happy in places I didn’t know could be happy.
- The clutter on my desk is breeding. I clean it up every night but when I wake up in the morning it has multiplied. It’s like I have a tribble farm over here!
- My server got a virus that infected the ANTI-VIRUS software! I took out the extra drives and now I need to work on the OS itself to eject the parasite. I just haven’t worked up the energy or the amount of liquor it would take to do it and keep my sanity.
- The birds have 11 eggs in their nest right now. I think they were infected by my bad egg karma and we may never get hatchlings.
- Chickpea needs a haircut really, really badly but I don’t want her to think it’s a punishment. I also don’t want to take her to a salon and for her to think it’s a reward when she’s managed to get in trouble with every single adult in her life and quite a few of the children.
- Silly bands are banned at one of the schools now! I lied and told the kids that they were banned in both schools because I’m tired of that crap. Kids are little monsters when it comes to who has what toy.
- My bath fetish is temporarily on hold. I have a bad sunburn on my back (damn you, medicine!) and it hurts A TON worse than a tattoo. I’m not going to tell people tattoos feel like a sunburn anymore. It’s not fair to the tattoo.
I’m so ready for life to be easier! We’re heading into my favorite season and I’m hoping to have a lot of the bs that’s on my plate done with. Then I need a date with my husband and a good, long nap.